Our mission is to empower students to succeed!
Our Vision is to empower our school community to achieve a higher level of skills, knowledge and values. Titans get better together!
We Believe That...
- each child can learn.
- each child is important and unique.
- there is a direct relationship between expectations and achievement.
- everyone has the right to feel physically and emotionally safe at school.
- integrity and trust are essential to positive interaction.
- communication is essential for understanding; understanding is essential for communication.
- diversity strengthens the individual, the school, and the community.
- the family should be the primary influence on individual and social well-being.
- a well-trained, professional teacher is the most important resource in a child-centered classroom environment.
- the support staff is an integral and essential component of the school system.
- education is a shared responsibility of the student, parents, educators, and the community.
- people support, value, and respect what they help to create.
- planning, both long and short term is essential to maximize available resources.
ADMINISTRATION’S VISION FOR ORION JUNIOR HIGH
We envision a school where each person has a name, a face, a voice, and a purpose.
School should be a place where:
- People want to come
- Everyone can succeed
- Students reach their highest potential
- Students create meaningful products
Strategic Plan Goals
Safe & Engaging Environment: Ensuring all students are engaged and connected to their school, peers, and community in a safe and secure educational setting
- Ensure Best-practice Safety Response Program, Implement Reporting and Training Criteria, and Identify Improvements to Support Student, Staff, and Patron Safety
Student Engagement Program Enhancement
- Identification and Development of Programs to Improve Student Engagement and Involvement With Their School and Their Peers.
- Coordinated Support for Latino Students and Families
- Development of the Student Arts Culture and Humanities Center
Social & Emotional Needs: Implementing high-quality behavioral models and interventions to support the social and emotional needs of all students
School Wide Behavioral Support Model Development
- Development and Implementation of Titan Tags and Character Education
District-wide Behavioral Coaching & Support
- Development of a School-wide Behavioral Support Program Involving Student Lead Groups
Aligned and Purposeful Programs of Support: Ensuring programs and systems that support a comprehensive, consistent, responsive, and empowering learning environment for all students
Guaranteed & Viable Curriculum
- Comprehensive Curriculum Aligned to the Utah State Core
- Educational Pathways
Technology Systems Alignment
- Continual Technology Program Development and Implementation
- Targeted One to One Chromebook Support and Training for Students and Teachers
- Highly Capable / Special Education Program Support and Weekly Coordination
- Continuous Focus on %100 of the Student Body Success
- Student Driven and Supported Clubs, Groups and Activities
Enhancing Post-Secondary Culture
- Expanding Partnerships With Community, Business, and Outside Resources to Engage and Support Students With Their Post-secondary Options
- Identification and Development of Relevant Career Pathways and Connections to Industry
High Quality Instruction: We deliver high quality instruction through leadership, modeling, advocacy, collaboration (PLC's). PLC’s meet to analyze student data, are encouraged to take risks, share success/failures, explore new practices in order to improve student learning. We will continue to focus on research-based technology integration.
Shared Organizational Leadership
- Development and Support for School-based Instructional Leadership Teams
- Continual and Targeted Evaluation of Programs Success
- Training and Support of Teacher Lead Technology Integration
Support for Best-practice Instructional Strategies
- Identification, Training and Implementation of Best-practice Instructional Strategies
Climate of Collaboration and Reflection
- Growing a Productive Climate of Collaboration (PLC's)
- Meet Weekly With Time To Reflect
- Identify Common Goals and Desired Outcomes